The only books you need to read. Recommended by Mohnish Pabrai.
Mohnish Pabrai is one of the greatest contemporary investors. He has had a CAGR of 25% which is very very hard to achieve. He is an Indian American, residing in Irvine, California.He is an admirer of Warren Buffett’s style of investing and openly follows investing style of Warren Buffett and others.He has a great recommendation of books.He has also authored books like The Dhandho Investor and Mosaic: Perspectives on Investing. I give my commentary of various books recommended by him as well.
- 1957-70 Buffett Partnership Letters. Buffett started his partnership when he was around 25-26 years old. Buffett was young and used various techniques to reduce volatility and increase return. To get a thought about how Buffett worked when he was very young read this book.
- The Warren Buffett letters to Berkshire Hathaway Shareholders. This is the collection of views of Buffett taken from letters which he wrote to his shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway. According to Buffett this is the best book written on him because he himself wrote all these views. Read it here.
- Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist. This is one of the greatest biography written on Buffett. It speaks more about his professional live and investment thoughts. Get it here.
- Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life. Alice Shroeder was chosen by Buffett to write his biography. She was given access to each and every part of life of Buffett. She wrote very in depth about Buffett’s personal life. Also, she showcases why Buffett is the way he is. The book is available here.
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack. Buffett considers Charlie Munger to be the most intelligent person he has met. This book is a collection of essays and speeches given by Charlie over his lifetime. Specially the subject of “The Pshychology of Human Misdugement” is a great read.
- The Dhandho Investors. This is written by Mohnish himself, he describes low risk method of investing money with great returns. He takes inspiration from the Patel community of Gujarat, India who own more than 80 % of Motels located in America. Get it from here.
- How to Get Rich. A self help book explaining the secret of becoming rich. Buy it from here.
- The Origin and Evolution of New Businesses. With changing times businesses do change. This book revolves around what has changed in the recent past and what kind of companies are making more money.Here is a lint to the product.
Hope you like these books. Subscribe to our mailing list to get more such articles.You can also read about